Wednesday, November 12, 2008

It's Been A Long Time...

indeed it has, but this 'decreasing my computer time' has really resulted in more creative time, so it is definitely working. And I actually have a few things to share with you. So, this is a Whoo Hoot Wednesday and a blog catch-up all in one. And I hope you are comfy, 'cos it might be a bit long!

First off, I have my girlfriend, Leanne, over from Aussie all this week. And we are having a lovely time, movies, lunching in Devonport, and enjoying this gorgeous weather NZ is putting on for her.








On Sunday, Aurelia, Robin and I went to Glenbrook Railway Station for the day with the lovely Liz and her family, where they were having a special 'Thomas the Train' day - Aurelia seems to have a new boyfriend; Liz's 4-year-old son Oliver (pic with the Fat Controller - note the hand holding!! She kept wanting to hold his hand all day!!). Another pic of Thomas with the kids in front at right. Aurelia just loved it, and couldn't wait to ride Thomas and Diana. We had a lovely day, followed by a very relaxing (read: a couple of wines with fish 'n' chips!!) dinner at Liz's place. Liz and I talked scrapbooking, Robin and Justin talked cars, and the kids played nicely. A lovely time all round; thanks Liz!! Oh, and I really enjoyed looking at all of Liz's scrapbook pages; so stunning IRL.

Christmas is rapidly approaching, but I have Aurelia's gifts all sorted - and mine; the Slice and cartridges pretty much cover my birthday, Christmas and Wedding anniversary presents over the next couple of months. Oh, my Slice from overseas completely fell through, so I have ordered one from here in NZ, and hopefully it arrives soon - can't wait!!!

Ok, time for some photos. Here are a couple of cards; the baby one was for my friend, Serena, who just gave birth to the lovely Jacob, and the Christmas ones are for the second week of the Christmas Competition over at Scrapbook Outlet - we had to do a set of 3 cards. The competition is not being judged; but every week you enter you get a ticket into a raffle for a, get this, MM Slice machine!!






The Christmas cards have a window in the front with a picture printed on a transparency, then some kindyglitz added for shimmer.

Below is an advent calendar I also made for the Scrapbook Outlet Christmas comp, Week 1 Challenge. I based it on 'The 12 Days of Christmas', except I made mine for Aurelia and called it 'The 12 Sleeps 'til Christmas'. It also doubles as a counting book - I made the whole thing from scratch, and it took me a while!

A big Whoo Hoot for my first time ever being published; this page was in the most recent copy of Up2Scrap, the NZ scrapbooking magazine - what a buzz to see my page in a magazine!! The photo wasn't great, so here is a better one:

The journalling reads "I just love that you look like such a cross between your Daddy and my Mum when you pull these funny faces. Aurelia at 10 months." . And thanks so much to everyone for all the lovely congrats on Sketchbook and by email.

Another big Whoo Hoot for me winning the first Challenge in the ScrapboxNZ competition with the following entry. We had to do a page for under $10, which was definitely a challenge - this is not a cheap hobby!! (don't tell my DH).

This has to be one of my fave photos of Aurelia; she was such a baldy as a baby, but here she looks beautiful despite it. This photo was taken at my sister's wedding, sitting on her Daddy's lap, and she was such an angel all day. The song just really describes how I feel when I look at it. So I was pretty chuffed to win, and very surprised as it is a pretty simple page.

Ok, better get to bed as it is late. Thanks to you for reading my blog and see you soon!

16 comments:

Danice said...

Oooh maybe I should have less PC time.. I might get more done too! I just dont have the willpower to stay away tho!I really like your 12 sleeps til xmas!

Trace said...

More amazing work there Tracy.

Anonymous said...

what a cool outing for the children, looked like fun. Congrats on your win in the competition. Lovely cards and advent calender there Tracy and thats exciting about you getting the slice.

Anonymous said...

Those are such cute photos of Aurelia and Oliver! Love the holding hands. They are so cute at that age.

LOVED seeing your layout in the mag, first time published is such a cool feeling, you should be very proud as it is a gorgeous page. I'm sure your name will be gracing many future magazine pages!

Penny said...

Lovely work Tracy!

Congratulations on being published too.

Anonymous said...

Wow - you really have been busy!!! Love your work Tracy, just love it!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW Tracy, you sure have been productive, and all gorgeous work as usual!

So cute to see the two four year olds there with Thomas and holding hands. Cool that you captured it on film too. In a couple of years the boy and girl germs kick in - show it to them then lol ;)

Anonymous said...

PS Big congrats on being published!

Anonymous said...

PS Big congrats on being published!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work tracy
Congratulations on your win and on being in the up2scraps magazine
gorgeous layout it is too

Geng said...

Wow! You have done amazing work Tracy. I missed looking at your new layouts and so glad you're back!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on being published! Gorgeous faces that girl can pull! And while your page may have been simple - it was stunning & a great reflection of money well spent on a page!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being published! That girl can pull some great faces! And while you say your page was simple, it is simply stunning & an awesome reflection on money well spent! Love your work!

Anonymous said...

Hi there. Great blog. Just wanted to say thanks for commenting on my new blog. Love your layouts too by the way!!

Kate

dizzy Lizzie said...

hey there Gal, I have just noticed the very trendy and fetching socks and frog shoes of my son. Gee he has some dress sense!!mmm must check more carefully before he heads out of the door next timexxxx

Serena said...

Hi Tracy
thanks for your comments on my blog -looking forward to more postings on your with our LO etc :)Hubby home early and all in bed except me