Wednesday, April 29, 2009

NEW ADDITIONS...

to our little family. Meet... well, we actually don't have names yet. And you are going to have to be patient; I couldn't pick less than 5 photos!!





















Aren't they just the two cutest little kittens ever??!! I didn't mention it on my blog, 'cos we were pretty devastated at the time, but our beloved Bengal cat, Charlie, passed away a couple of months ago. He was only 7 years old, and died of renal failure. We decided it was time we got some new kittens, to keep us occupied. Charlie was a pure breed Bengal, which we got because I am usually quite allergic to cats, but Bengals have a special coat, apparently, and I wasn't allergic to him. This time, we decided not to go that route; much as we loved Charlie and his quirky Bengal personality, we think that pure breds might be more prone to illness and disease. Much as we would have liked to get a cat from the SPCA, with my allergies, it was pretty much not a go. So, we decided to get a mixed Bengal and see how we go. These kittens' mother is half-Bengal, so I am hoping like hell that is enough to keep me from being allergic!! So far so good; when we first visited, I rubbed my face all in their fur, and no problems, although our vet says an allergy can develop over a couple of days. I don't know what we will do if that happens... although for once I am being positive and have decided that it is all going to be fine (or is that called 'denial'??!!). They are so sweet; the one at the top left is a wee girl, and on the right, her little brother. He is so sweet and snuggly, and loves to follow us round and 'talk' to us, but he is also very boisterous and bossy! She is very quiet and independent, but very sweet. They love to climb all over us, and at the moment, they are both fast asleep on my DH! He is having great difficulty not disturbing them as he works on his laptop, lol!

Anyway, we are having huge problems deciding on names, and I thought you guys out there could possibly help us. So, we are asking for suggestions. Please no more than 4 suggestions per person, and if we do use any of the names you have mentioned, you will receive a very nice RAK from me - and if you are not a scrapbooker, I will make it a non-scrapbooking RAK!! Can't wait to hear all your ideas!

I have another photo for you; one I promised a wee while ago, from the Sketchbook Retreat:

And yes, don't we look ridiculous. After procrastinating and leaving things until the last minute, we threw together some outfits for the theme "what you want to be when you grow up"; I decided to be a SAHM. Hence the baby and frypan of food. Lol. The others, for those of you who don't know them, from left to right, are: Liz (scrapdizzy), me, Danice, KimA, and Amanda. We had a great time, and some of the outfits were absolutely fantastic! Actually, you can see more photos here. As usual, I got hardly any scrapping done, but that was partly due to feeling decidedly unwell for the Friday night/Sat morn, big bummer. It made me quite grumpy, and I spent a lot of the time sitting and whining whilst holding Kim's hot water bottle to my tummy!! But I still had a fantastic time, lol!
And last, but not least, make sure you check back here on Saturday, or visit the Scrappin' Patch blog, as we are celebrating America's National Scrapbooking Day, which we have decided to change to (Inter)National Scrapbooking Day. Something fun is being organised as we speak... and anyway, it's going to be crappy weather all weekend, so what else are you going to do??!!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I waz here So cute Tracy as I write this our newest kitten is sitting on me trying to chew the beads off my jersey! Our Jaz is so cute and she has to be cos she's NOT very housetrained yet.
Lisa
Daffyscrapper

Trace said...

Oh my, how cute are they! Will have a wee think about names...

Rachel said...

Tracy

They are SO cute - just love tabby's even if it is crossed with something I have never herd of lol.
I just want to go pick them up and cuddle them!

Vicki said...

Must be the time of year for everyone to get some baby animals. They are soo cute.

Brenda said...

Hi Tracy very cute...Looks like Buffy and Tigger..

Kelly said...

Oh very very cute!! I think I wish we had gotten new kittens instead of our big puppy! (thinking of hte destroyed back yard in progress here!!)
Names.... I'm thinking Tim and Tam - but that's because I have a craving right now!! LOL

Good luck with the allergy keeping at bay too.

Kim said...

Hi Tracey

Soooo gorgeous!! Can't wait to come visit and have a play :) Now for names... will keep thinking but for first thoughts:
Kit & Kat, Cleo & Tony (short for Cleopatra & Antony), Fred & Ginger, Little Miss Indi (short for Independence) & Mr Cuddles-A-Lot, Bonnie & Clyde, Jasmine & Aladdin (from the movie), Tink & Pete (from Peter Pan) or Wendy & Pete or Tinkerbell & Pete/r (you get my drift!), Romeo & Juliet/Jules/Jewels, Elvis & Priscilla, Brad & Ange/lina, Lucy & Desi (Lucille Ball), ... okay, gotta get some work done :)

Kim said...

Oh, forgot to say...lovely pic!!! (Laced with heavy sarcasm...only coz I'm one of the girls!)

topkatnz said...

Awwhh Tracy, losing your last puss must've been devastating-bengal cats are truly gorgeous!! ... but these two new babies will help fill the gap ... hope your allergies hold up; yes, I think you are right about pure-bred animals being more prone to illness.
Names ... Cinnamon, Couscous, Pepper, Fifi ???????

Lynda said...

So cute.They remind me of a kitten we had when I was little.Her name was Mouszer.Dad's friend named her.LOL

Boston,Latte,Cuddles,Sherk

Have fun with them.

Anonymous said...

Have you settled on any names yet, Tracy?


One of them almost looks like one of those olicats (sp?) with his markings on his back - gorgeous!

Rochelle said...

Hey sorry to hear about your previous cat Charlie.. thats sad for the family.

I have a few ideas for names... Milo and Oatis.... Oscar and Emmy... I also remember a friend when I was a kid had a similar pair of cats and they were called Dollars and Cents :)

Serena said...

Cute!! There are lots of ideas online too Tracy if you type in cat names and you know the letter you want it to start in. Reese, Brooke, Milo, Lilo, Jaffa, Launcelot, Tootsie, Tweedledee & Tweddledum. I know, I know I can't count (I see I'm not the only one:)but I would be super excited to get anything from you for scrapping. Happy naming.:)